posted December 2014
- Christian Fellowship Congregational Church (UCC), San Diego, CA for seed funding for a Children's Defense Fund Freedom School.
- The BEACON, Inc., an outreach ministry of Christ Church Cathedral, Houston, Texas for expanding their Beacon Law Ministry for persons seeking housing.
- Washington United Church of Christ (UCC), Cincinnati, Ohio for educational curriculum for many mission groups making pilgrimage to this inner city church to assist, learn, experience and re-create in their churches.
- First United Methodist Church, Sacramento, CA for a Culinary Arts Program assisting underserved people in their year-round arts program. This involves education and gardening for production of their own healthy food.
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Columbus (Franklinton), Ohio to expand Growing Place program of food, education, community organizing for a teaching urban garden through partnership with nearby elementary school.
- Central Cities Ministries, Inc., Fargo, SD for provision of emergency transportation for economically vulnerable people to receive needed services, many of which provided by CCM, Inc.
- St. Anna's Episcopal Church, New Orleans, LA for the expansion of their health clinic to provide a free Children's Eye Clinic in Seventh Ward and Treme, their church neighborhood plagued by poverty, violence and children without access for eye examinations.
- St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral, Memphis, TN for the enlargement of a Memorial Leadership Series for quality workshops for metropolitan clergy and congregational leaders in urban and social justice ministry.
- Germantown Avenue Crisis Ministry, Inc. at First Presbyterian Church Germantown, Philadelphia, PA for expansion of multi-services with at risk residents of Northwest Philadelphia.
- Open Gym Outreach Program at Roseville Presbyterian Church, Newark, NJ. for expansion of basketball program, school tutoring, mentoring, meals, etc. for inner-city at risk young men and families.
- Savage Memorial Presbyterian Church, Portland, OR for growth and creation of new food programs with nearby elementary school, and summer school food services.
- Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, Raleigh, NC for expansion of transportation services for daily Round Table Fellowships with homeless and vulnerable populations.
- Norma Phriem Urban Outreach Initiatives, Inc. of United Congregational Church (UCC), Bridgeport, CT for expanding fresh produce for low income and homeless families through church-based Farmers Market and Food Pantry.
Reminder: With closure of CFUM, Inc., I will be available for limited urban church consultations. You can email me at: email@example.com