Center for Urban Ministry, Inc. is no longer in business as of December 31, 2014.
We thank you for your support in this ministry for the past 13 years.
CFUM, Inc. and The Rev. Dr. Doug Bailey extend enormous THANKS for the valued partnership with each of you in ministry!
CFUM Grants Awarded
- Christian Fellowship Congregational Church (UCC), San Diego, CA for seed funding for a Children's Defense Fund Freedom School.
- The BEACON, Inc., an outreach ministry of Christ Church Cathedral, Houston, Texas for expanding their Beacon Law Ministry for persons seeking housing.
- Washington United Church of Christ (UCC), Cincinnati, Ohio for educational curriculum for many mission groups making pilgrimage to this inner city church to assist, learn, experience and re-create in their churches.
- First United Methodist Church, Sacramento, CA for a Culinary Arts Program assisting underserved people in their year-round arts program. This involves education and gardening for production of their own healthy food.
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Columbus (Franklinton), Ohio to expand Growing Place program of food, education, community organizing for a teaching urban garden through partnership with nearby elementary school.
- Central Cities Ministries, Inc., Fargo, SD for provision of emergency transportation for economically vulnerable people to receive needed services, many of which provided by CCM, Inc.
- St. Anna's Episcopal Church, New Orleans, LA for the expansion of their health clinic to provide a free Children's Eye Clinic in Seventh Ward and Treme, their church neighborhood plagued by poverty, violence and children without access for eye examinations.
- St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral, Memphis, TN for the enlargement of a Memorial Leadership Series for quality workshops for metropolitan clergy and congregational leaders in urban and social justice ministry.
- Germantown Avenue Crisis Ministry, Inc. at First Presbyterian Church Germantown, Philadelphia, PA for expansion of multi-services with at risk residents of Northwest Philadelphia.
- Open Gym Outreach Program at Roseville Presbyterian Church, Newark, NJ. for expansion of basketball program, school tutoring, mentoring, meals, etc. for inner-city at risk young men and families.
- Savage Memorial Presbyterian Church, Portland, OR for growth and creation of new food programs with nearby elementary school, and summer school food services.
- Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, Raleigh, NC for expansion of transportation services for daily Round Table Fellowships with homeless and vulnerable populations.
- Norma Phriem Urban Outreach Initiatives, Inc. of United Congregational Church (UCC), Bridgeport, CT for expanding fresh produce for low income and homeless families through church-based Farmers Market and Food Pantry.
CFUM, Inc. extends enormous THANKS for the valued partnership with each of you in ministry.